On January 18th, the nation, once again, came together for the annual March for Life. This event has been taking place every year for over 40 years and is a reminder of the barbaric practice of killing the unborn and an overturn of Roe v. Wade. Louisiana was represented in this event, with several pastors, including Gene Mills of the Lousiana Family Forum.
Democrat Katrina Jackson, from the Pelican State, also addressed the crowd at the rally. Jackson has unequivocally been a stalwart for life in Louisiana.
All of Louisiana’s Republican congressional delegation have stood firm in the support of life.
Per Louisiana Family Forum, several pro life events will be taking place throughout the state. The dates and locations are below:
- Jan. 22, 2019: Southwest, Lake Charles
- Jan. 26, 2019: South, Baton Rouge
- Jan. 26, 2019: Northwest, Shreveport-Bossier
- Jan. 27, 2019: Northeast, West Monroe-Monroe
- Feb. 2, 2019: Cenla, Pineville-Alexandria
More information on Louisiana Right to Life can be found here.